Monday, March 22, 2010

No matter what, always smile - by Nicole Theil


I think it's true, that the first impression is the most important, even if you don't think you ever going to see the person again.

It leaves an impression, no matter what.

One of these gray, rainy days in San Francisco, you ride an overcrowded Muni; everyone seems so upset about the weather. You can see it in their faces, their gestures and the way they behave to one another.

There is no reason for me to stop smiling if someone asks me for something or if I have eye contact with someone. No reason for me to stop being polite.

I don't always get a positive response, there is sometimes no response at all, but whatever, I don't care, as long as I am the person I want to be.

They're just humans, maybe they had a bad day, so they could use a smile.

I'm on a mission to make other people feel better, without prejudice, no bad mood and always be polite to others.

I believe in saying "Excuse me", "Sorry", "My bad" and "Thank you" and that always with a smile, even if I don't feel like it.

The instant I start to smile it doesn't just make other people smile it also helps me, makes me feel better and I forget for a moment all the problems that were filling my head with worries, like "What am I going to study?" or "Are my parents doing well without me?".

So I'm not just trying to help others, I also help myself.

Next time you have a bad day, you should try it, too.

Believe in the smile...

1 comment:

Moniezheng said...

You are really optimistic,
I have ever heard a saying,"Crying makes you sad, while smiling makes you happy." Maybe this is what you are believing!
Keep on smiling~