Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I believed my grand-mother is always by my sider. Coco Huang


I know my grand- mother is always by my side.

When I was a child, I like sitting by my grand-mother’s side and hearing her stories. She was a great person. She was the first female leader of our small town. Her family was very poor and had a lot of unexpected things happen in her childhood. Her mother sent out her two younger sisters to another family because her father died overseas. They moved all the time. She had to work for a rich family when she was twelve years old.

“You are lucky. You must cherish what did you had in your life.” She told me. I can’t imagine the difficult time that she had. My father had an elder brother and a younger sister. They all respected my grand-mother. She was teaching them a lot of life reasons—don’t gave up on the difficult things, try to solve it; treated other equally and friendly.

She died when I was 11 years old. “When you face problems be honest and try you best to do it. I will always by your side to support you.” Her words were always with me.

My father told me he couldn’t support me in high school. I locked myself in the bedroom and cried. I want to keep studying. I don’t know why he didn’t approve of me. I remembered my grand-mother. Even though she didn’t have enough education. She still did well. But I didn’t give up. After I earned some money, I took the computer classes in a private school. I keep trying to study. I know my grand-mother by my side every minute.

After I immigrated U.S.A. I had been taken ESL classes to improve my English skill. My first dream was finished college and got the degree. I won’t give up.

Her spirit supported me to go thought all the difficult.

1 comment:

Moniezheng said...

Your grandmother was the first female leader of your hometown. How excellent she is!
If you spare no effort to chase your goal, you will have a wonderful life in the future.