Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I belive in love by Janyce Collombet


The Beatles wrote one day that all we need is love. During all my life I’ve been watching my parents living in this nest of love so this is my one and only belief. No God, no magic, no politics. Only love.

You come to the world with the idea that everything is going to be hard but there’s one thing that you don’t know. There’s always going to be people to support you and to love you. I was in front of this empty page, searching and wondering what my religion was, my political statement but nothing came except this old song from 1964. So I decided that love could be a kind of religion. Because like God or Obama, love is everywhere. In the street, on the phone, at the airport . I wish there was a church of love. A place where people can talk about it . Somewhere else than a counselor therapy office where love is obviously a trouble.

On the other hand, love or too much love can turn you into someone weak. My parents love my sister and I so much. We had a perfect childhood, protecting us from the reality of life like war, diseases, poverty and child work. It was perfect until I opened my eyes. When I came to the USA six months ago I was all by myself without this family cocoon, discovering that life can be so hard. So I began to be angry with my parents : ”Why too much love? Now it is so hard to live by myself in a country so different from France! And why keeping me from the reality, life is not supposed to be a Disney movie!”

To put it in a nutshell, I believe that with more love in this world there would be less misery.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I have the same feeling with my parents.But now I live by myself ,I know how hard it is . Their love is the greatest thing in this world.