Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MY LIFE , CHOOSE MY OWN WAY


When I was a little girl , my mom would always tell me "This is your life ,you must choose your own way.No one can help you." But I don't think I understood .At that age I didn't know anything, I just liked playing with my childhood friends ,and all I hoped for was that there will be no school and no homework.

As the time passed I began to understand what my mother was saying. She has 6 sisters and brothers ,she was the oldest one .They have a big family and they were very poor. My mom wanted to go to school, but they don't have enough money for all of them ,so she had to work.At that time ,people felt that women don't need to go to school. The best thing for them was to find a man and marry him.My mother felt sad for this."I can't choose my way ,but you can."she said.
As my high school year began ,I became more independent and began making more and more decisions for myself .I decided to study arts and drawing. After high school, I decided to continue to attend college. After college I thought I should go abroad . At first , my parents opposed the decision, but I felt it was the right thing to do .They gave me a chance if I got the visa approved after the first interview then I can go .Now I am here.

So far I feel the decision I have made, has led me down a path , I enjoy walking.

No comments: