Monday, March 22, 2010

I Believe There Will No Discrimination In The World John Han


I Believe There Will No Discrimination in the World

Discrimination will disappear in the future, that’s what I support, I wish and I believe.

When I was 8 years old, my teacher told me that there is a lot of discrimination in the world. Many people discriminate the disabled such as blind people or maimed people. The Europeans always discriminate against Africans and the Asians. As I was a child without a lot of experience of life so I could not understood it very much. I thought people were all the same and there should be the same rights for all people but not only the healthy people or the specific race.

When I was 12 years old, I met a disabled man who had no left leg at the bus on my way home. As there were a lot of people at the bus so the man had to stand and he seemed be very tired and did not feel good. But to my surprise, no one gave a seat to him but everyone looked at him disgusted. A little girl wanted to talk to him and her mother prevented her. I was very angry and disappointed so I left my seat and told the man to sit in my chair. It moved me deeply that I saw there were tears full of his eyes.

Is there no discrimination in the world? I always asked myself. In my childhood’s point of view, only if there is no discrimination in the world, can people respect each other and help the people in need in a fair atmosphere. Helping others especially the disabled is a virtue that makes our lives more beautiful.

When I was 18 years old, the Paralympics were held in Beijing. Many people were interest in it, so did I. From the TV, I was deeply moved by the athletics who fought against their destiny in the silent battles. Everyone who watched Paralympics showed the honors to those heroes .It seemed discrimination disappeared at that moment as the power and the strength was unfolded by the disabled and many people changed their mind that the disabled are not unable to do everything but can get beyond to the healthy people.

I was glad to see the barrier was tearing down between the healthy people and the disabled and so did the discrimination.

When I was 19 years old, I came to San Francisco. It is very beautiful and I didn’t feel any discrimination between the White and the Black or the Brown. I confused me as is was told by my teacher that they were a lot of racial discrimination in the USA. Then my father told me that it is a heavy crime to discriminate others basing on the race and as people’s points of view were changing as the policy was improving, the browns and the Blacks were more and more respected because of their efforts.

I always think myself that if I become a disabled person and how do I live in this world. after thinking and thinking, I got the answer: To respect myself and be confident to pay efforts to prove my power so that I can do something important that I even cannot imagine. Not only it is the philosophy of a disabled person but the philosophy for all the people.

Now I am 20 years old. I decided to learn more knowledge to improve myself so that I can pay my efforts to destroy the discrimination between person and person, the whites and the blacks and the browns.

Discrimination will disappear in the future, that’s what I support, I wish and I believe.



No comments: