Thursday, October 8, 2009

What is The Life? by Tian Ming Chen

Everyone has his home. Home is the most comfortable place of everyone. I was born in China in 1989. My family lived here for 20 years. When I was 7 years old, I came to the school near my home. In 2001, I went to middle school. Here I learn many things about life. When I graduated from here, I was only 15 years old. Then I went into the high school and my hard life was coming. In China, the 3 years of high school are the hardest time in one’s school life. After high school’s time, I succeeded to go to a college in 2007. But after only two years, I had to leave my college because my family took me to the USA. Then a new life was waiting for me

I had a comfortable childhood. When I was a child, my family was rich. My father was a worker in the biggest company in my hometown. And my mother also worked in the office of the same company. We lived in an old house which my grandpa bought for my family. We lived there about 15 years. And then we moved to a new house. We spent a lot of time there. At the same time, my grandpa and grandma went to American to find new life. Soon my family went to America, too.

The new life begins. Now I live in San Francisco with my family. Many of my relatives are living here now. Though I am new here, I have many friends. They are very kind and help me a lot. I study at City College of San Francisco and want to find a job here. On the weekends, I often go to the park with my sisters and also play tennis here. I like the city because it’s beautiful. Three sides of the city are seas. The air here is very clear and people are friendly.

My dream is to be a soldier. So I must improve my English in City College. I want to graduate from here in one year. And then I will go to take the test to be a soldier. If I can go through the test, my dream will come true. For the test, I am going to learn many things in the school, but the language is the first. Because I am new to American, my English is not good. Writing and reading is worse. And I am also going to learn other subject like math. I believe I can do the best. In the future, I will work in San Francisco. I will get married here. I will have a new live here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tian,

I'm glad that it seems like you have adjusted easily to the United States, and that you have many friends in SF. I don't meet many people who want to be soldiers. I wish you the best of luck with your goal.

Denise

Unknown said...

to be a soldier is not so easy as your expectation .But anyway ,I hold you can do it well.additionally,you are at my age .