Friday, October 9, 2009

Start to Navigate Again, by Kathy Qiong Li


Home is the harbor of the love. You can feel stable and happy from your home. Home means responsibility. I was born in GuangXi province of China on Dec.7, 1975. I have an elder brother and three younger sisters. I lived in GuangXi with my grandma for 22 years. I graduated from high school in 1994. When I turned 22, I graduated from the GuangXi Medical College. I moved to GuangDong of China when I started work. I worked in a clinic from 1997-2003. I became a doctor’s assistant in 2003. I got married in 2004. I am a housewife since I moved to my husband’s town. I had my son in 2005. I moved to S.F. on Jul.30, 2008.

My childhood was suppressed. This is a typical Chinese-style education. I lived in GuangXi of China with my grandma when I was a child. My childhood was unhappy because my grandma was very strict with me. When my neighborhood kids played outside, I had to read or study at home. One day, I stayed at my classmate’s home to watch TV after school. I enjoyed it so that I forget the dinner time. My grandma didn’t have dinner ready for me. I had to go to sleep on an empty stomach. I didn’t have lots of friends. My best friend was my elder brother. I always listened to stories he organized. He played the computer games very well. I was proud of him at that time. My favorite hobby is reading so I had near-sighted eyes.


The new environment and new life, I have been use to adapt to it. I live in North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco with my husband and my son. I study ESL in CCSF. I have many friends in the school now. My son and I walk to school on Monday through Friday. My son is a four-year-old boy. He is very energetic. I feel tired to take care of him, but he takes so much happy to my family. I love him very much. My family has fun to outside on every weekend. I always take my son to the Toys store. He can play the toys there freely. My son really likes to play the computer games, but I dislike what he does. I’m afraid his eyes are hurt.

Anybody can make his dream come true. I hope to be a go-getter. My short-term goal is to pass the driving road test next month. My main goal is becoming a nurse assistant. I wish my family to be healthy. I hope my English to prove better quickly. I will study ESL in Ocean campus of CCSF in 5 years. Maybe I’ll find a part-time job. I think I will become a nurse assistant in 10 years. I can study after working to become a nurse in 20-30 years. I hope to give good life to my son. Maybe I will live in San Jose. I should study hard so that my dreams come true.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

I love the photo of you and your son. Your life has definitely changed since you moved to SF. Good luck with achieving your goals.

Denise

Anonymous said...

You have a warm family. you are hard working, you have to take care of your family every day, and go to school every day.

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me altogether much in my college assignment. Hats incorrect to you enter, will look progressive for the duration of more interrelated articles in a jiffy as its anecdote of my pet topic to read.

Anonymous said...

Email Marketing
very useful, thanx a lot for htis log .. This is what I was looking for.