Friday, October 9, 2009

A Changeable Life, by YueHua Mei



There were many changes in my life. I was born in Taishan China and grew up there. I started school when I was six. I graduated from high school in 1960.After 7 years, I got married with my classmate Jin.2 years ago, we celebrated our 40th anniversary. We had a very big party with our whole family. My husband and I were very happy. At 1968, our son was born. After 2 years, our daughter was born.

My life was changed when I immigrated to the U.S. in 1992 with my husband. We have been living in S.F. since we came U.S. Next year, I got my job. I have been working at On Lok lifeways for 16years. I take care of seniors. I love them and my job very much. I work full time. I work 8 hours a day from 3pm to 11:30pm.and 5days a week. Before work I go to school to study English and computers. I like to study because English is very important for me. I have to speak and write English at work. I’ve been studying at CCSF for many years.

I’ve been living in S.F. since I came to U.S. with my husband. Our son and daughter-in-law live in S.F. too. Our daughter son-in-law and granddaughter live in Richmond . I have many friends. My best friend is my classmate in middle school. We have kept in touch with each other for more than 50 years. I think she will be my best friend for my whole life. I used to eat out and eat a lot of meat in the past, but now I like to eat at home and eat vegetables. I used to see movies and write letters, but now I like to watch TV and use the computer to send e-mails.

I have many goals for my future. My short-term goal is I’ll have a big birthday party with my whole family and travel to Lake Tahoe next month. My main goals are: I will continue to work and continue to come to ESL and Computer classes to learn more English and computer skills. After a few years, I’ll retire. My goal for the future is to keep healthy and continue to study. Then I will enjoy life and travel around the world. I hope I’ll live better and better in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mei,

Your autobiography was interesting to read. I am really impressed by how you work at your job and go to school at the same time. I hope you had fun at your birthday in Tahoe!

Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi,Sai:
I've read your story.You have a crooked life.I hope you living healthy and long life with a new kidney.God bless you!
Sincerely
Mei,YueHua