Thursday, October 8, 2009

Life Changed Me, by Louise Luo


This time is not good for me. I was born in Guangzhou, China in1967. My family was very poor. My father worked in the Shaouang Electricity factory that is far away from my home. My father came home one time just two or three months. My mother had been sick. My mother did not earn enough money for herself. I had only one sister. My sister and me are twins. We look like each other . Our teachers and our friends always made a mistake trying recognize me and my sister. My sister and I had to do almost all home work every day. When I went to middle school, I had to take one hour to walk to school until I graduated from high school. It was a very hard life for me when I was a child.


I was a lucky girl. After I graduated from GuangDong TELTCOM college, I got a job in CHINA TELECOM in 1987. At that time, I met my husband, and we got married in 1994. My daughter was born in 1997. I graduated from South China University of Technology in 1999. In 2002 I worked as an engineer at CHINA ELECOM . My salary was very good. So I earned a lot of money. There was a big change for me since that. I quit my job and immigrated to the U.S in 2008. I had worked at CHINA TELECOM for 21 years


I came to San Francisco in April 2009 by myself. Now I have been in San Francisco for 5 months. Here I have no family and friends. My husband did not like to move to U.S.A. My English is not good. It is very hard for me to look for a job. I study English in City College now right. I live in Chinatown. It is very convenient for me to walk to school almost every day. I like to do exercise. Every day, I take a walk for half an hour. I like to drink red wine and beer. I like music and traveling all over the world. I have been to Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Myanmar and all over China. I don’t like to study and read some books.


Future maybe is not easy for me. I have no job and education in U.S.A. I have no good future in U.S.A. After I study English AT San Francisco City College for two years. So that if my English is good enough to move all over U.S.A. by myself. At that time, I hope to move Texas. I wish to have a big house in Texas in 5 years. I will do my business in 10 years. I will retire from my business and go back to China in 20 years. Because China will be stronger and stronger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Louise,

You have a very interesting background, and you are so strong to come here without family and friends. I know that you are very determined and moving towards your goals every day.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi,Sai
I've read your story.you have a crooked life.I hope you living healthy and long life with new kidney.God bless you!
Sincerely
YueHua Mei