Friday, October 9, 2009

A Hard Life, by Zoila Iraheta


I was born in Jutiapa, Guatemala on January 30, 1971. When I turned 15, my sister Aracely was born. I was very happy because my life was very busy doing babysitting and cleaning the house. When I turned 18 I moved to Guatemala City and she was 3 years old. I lived there for 3 years. After my father passed away, I turned 21 and came to the USA.

My childhood was better than now. I didn’t have to work and I didn’t have any problems. I was happy and played with my friends. We spent time in the backyard. My best friend was Maritza and she lived across the street from me. She still lives in Guatemala. She’s married with three kids.

Now my life is very hard. Now I live in San Francisco with my sister on 29th St. We are renting and we split the rent. For a living we work. She’s very busy and I am too she works in Fisherman’s Wharf. I work in Columbus Ave. We have different schedules at work. I sell jewelry, and I like it very much. I work six days a week, ten hours a day. I go to school to learn English. I like to go to the beach when I have time.

I have many hopes and wishes. I hope the world will have peace. I wish I will get pregnant this year. I want to become a mother and hope to best mother in the world I hope to make my mother very happy happy because she wants to be a grandmother.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I really enjoyed reading your posting.

Anonymous said...

Zoilas sister and herself are theifs and dont deserve to be in this country. Taking other peoples livelihood. If she was happier at home.. Go back. come here to complain...