Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Life, by Qiyun Man


I was born in Guangdong China in 1958. I lived in Taishan city for a long time. I have a big family. My parents, my brother and three sisters. I am third oldest in my family. In 1976, I graduated from high school. After two months. I left my home and moved to a small town. When I got a job. I have work in the town for about two years. It was happy and fun. When I returned 20 years old I received notice from the Medical College. In 1977, I went to college in Fu Shan city. My major was Medical Experiments. I graduated college in 1980, and then I returned to Taishan city. After a month, I worked in Taishan hospital in the laboratory. I have worked there for 21 years. In 1982, I got married. I met my husband at my friends’ home. His name is Ming. In 1983, my daughter was born. Her name is Meimei. In 1987, we bought a new condo. On August 14, 2001. I, my husband and my daughter immigrated to New York City, United States. After we had just arrived, in New York City about three weeks, there was big trouble, the terrorists on September 11, 2001. We were very upset. After a week, I got my first job in America. I worked at a doctors’ office. I lived in New York City for about one year. In 2002, I moved in San Francisco, and then I found a new job quickly. I have been working at Wangson Biotechnology Group Inc. since 2002. In 2006, I became a citizen of America. In 2009, my daughter graduated from University.


My childhood was happy. I grew up in a big family. My parents have five children. My father was a photographer. My mother was a housewife. Our family did not have much money. We lived in a small town though I finished high school because my father worked there. My brother and sisters were always together. Our friends are from school and neighbors. Also our friends keep longer. When I was six years thought nine. We spent a lot of the time to play the cat catch the rat. I like to play ping pang and swimming when I was younger. After school, I usually went with my friends go to play ping pang. Sometimes we went swimming. Also I have kept many friends until right now.


Now I have an interesting life. I live in San Francisco, with my husband and my daughter. I like San Francisco. It is a beautiful city and the weather is very nice. But I don’t like that San Francisco is too foggy. I have a job. I work every day. Also I go to school, too. I want to learn English. Usually after school I go to work. I work at Wangson Biotechnology Group Inc. since 2002. I am a salesperson. TI sell on the phone. I like my job. I have come here, my friends almost changed. People that live here are always busy. I don’t have time to do something I like that. Actually I like to sing songs and play ping pong, but now, I have never played again.


I try to think about my future. I am taking a vacation in November. I’m going to go to China. I want to attend my nephew’s wedding. And then I will visit my friends. If I have time, I will go to Shanghai. I will buy something for me. In the future, I hope my daughter will have a good job and will have a good future. I hope to be healthy, and for all people to find happiness. Someday I hope I can speak English very well. That’s my wish. 10 years or 20 years is too far, I don’t know what I will do. Maybe I continue to work. maybe I will go back to China.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

QiYung,

I love this photo of your daughter graduating. You must be very proud! I'm so impressed that you work and go to school at the same time, but I hope you will have time to play ping pong sometimes too! :-)

Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi Qiyun Man

I was born in Kai Pin, It is close Taishan,you looks so happy in your home town,you graduated in college, I just graduated in high school.

Sai kit yu