Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Crooked Life, by Xian Jin Zeng



My life now is very different from in China. My name is Xian Jin Zeng. You can call me JIN .I was born in the small village . Of Canton ,China . In 1963 I graduated from university with a medical degree .After that I had to obey the government .The government gave me a work assignment .I work in a hospital more than 20 years .In 1967 I got married with my classmate Mei .In 1968 I had my first child a son name Rong In 1970 I had my second child name Zeng Mei .I immigrated to the U S in 1992 with my wife.

When I was a child, I was very happy and carefree . I lived in small village .It was a quiet and peaceful town .I liked to play soccer with my partner’s team and

go swimming in a river in the country .My brother and neighbor’s children were my best friends We played and studied together all the time .

Now my life is very busy with many changes. I immigrated to U S in 1992. I have been living in San Francisco for 17 years .It’s a very convenient place .I like it here very much. I have two grown children .They are living other place .Now I have live with my wife only. My neighbors are reliable and friendly. I feel very safe and amenities I have been working as a health worker since 1994. At the same time I have been studying English at CCSF/C N B. I think learning English and Computer skills are very important for me because I have to speak and write English. At work every day .I like to drink tea I don’t like drink coffee .I like to eat Chinese foot .I don’t like American food.

I have many goals for my future. One of my short –term goals is a birthday party .I’ll have a big birthday party and travel to Lake –Tahoe .I‘ll continue to come to school to learn English. My main goal is to work until I can retire . I worry about my health and want to keep my body strong my whole life .So I must do exercise and healthy food every day . I hope to learn more English and computer skills. I want to work and live better and better .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jin,

You have had a busy and interesting life. I'm inspired that you learn new things all the time, and continue to work as well. I hope you stay healthy and strong.

Denise