Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Full and Happy Life, by Sara Yum


I was always heading for a good way. I was born in Hong Kong on December 8, 1944. and started school when I was nine. After I graduated from high school, I got married. When I turned twenty, in 1966 and 1967 I had my fist daughter and second daughter. I was worried at that time, I didn’t know how to take care of the new born baby. Fortunately, my mother gave me a hand.

I immigrated to the U.S in 1998 and started learning English at City College. Also took a Citizenship class, I am very proud I became a U.S Citizen in 2004, I am still attending a English class , I hope I can speak fluently in English and hope to live a long and healthy life, can help people who need help.


Now I have a full and happy life. I live in a house with my older daughter ,son-law and granddaughter, in the Mission, The younger daughter, lives in England, and also my husband lives with them, I went there three times, It s a good place to lives, Mostly I spend times with my family go to Seattle to visit my sister family, I have to take care of my older daughter ,s, family, I think this is my job, I take an English class on weekdays, some of my hobbies are exercising, shopping ,and, traveling, I like San Francisco, the transportation is very convenient and the weather is gorgeous, I don’t like do yard work especially in summer I hate it!


I have many hope and dreams in future. I am in Denise `s class, she always drives the class and it is interesting, I enjoy being in her class, but I stupid to on the computer. I hope I will get more intelligent to learn it this year. Also I already applied for a senior house. Because I want Independence from my daughter, I will live in San Francisco forever of course I won’t forget Hong Kong. That’s my birthplace. I will continue to learn English. I hope I can speak fluently in English one day, and I wish world peace, no war, and no hunger. If I’m still alive 30 years in the future, I will help save people who need help. I will go to save more money and hope to travel around the world with my family. That’s my dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara,

Well, you worked hard and you finally finished your autobiography! Good for you! I'd love to travel all over the world one day too.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sara
You are a lucky woman. I enjoy your life after I read your story.