Friday, October 9, 2009

My Valuable Life, by YueYou Liu


I threw myself into a teaching career for most of my life. I was born in 1955 in China. I’m the middle child in my family. I went to school in 1962. I graduated from high school in 1972, and then l got a job teaching. I taught in a primary school in my home. I went into teacher training school five years later. I taught in the middle school after l finished teacher training school. then, l moved out of my hometown to a small city. I lived there for about twenty years. I quit my job in 2005. I have been in the United States since 2006. Now I live in Chinatown. I have learned English in an adult school since I came here. I hope I can speak English well soon.


I felt reluctant to leave my childhood. When l was young, l was happy. I was my parent’s good daughter. I was a good student. When l was in primary school, I had two best classmates. We were neighbors. We often went to school together, and played games. We often helped each other. We often fished in the river. Sometimes we climbed trees. We went up and down, caught and chased each other. At home l often helped my parents do chores. When my parents went to work, l took care of my youngest brother and washed dirty clothes with my hands. Whether it was winter or summer, l always did it. I had a happy childhood.


I began to live different life. Now I live in Chinatown. I’m a healthcare worker. I go to school and work every day. I’m really busy. In weekend sometimes l visit my brothers with my parents, and go out to restaurant and try different country food. Sometimes l goes for a trip with my friends. I can really myself see and appreciate the scenery of the United States. I really know the culture of America personally, not from a book or hearing. I can really travel the different country. But even though my life is interesting, I feel homesick a little.


Tomorrow will be better than today as long as you make great efforts. I have been in United States for three years, but I’m often upset. I have a great problem. I can’t speak English well. Learning English is really difficult for me, maybe because I’ m older. English in my mind is gone quickly. Now I have a good ambition. I must learn English well, even though it will take me a long time to speak English. I will never give it up. I make up in my mind to learn English well. I will try my best. I believe I will speak, read and write in English very well someday. I can get a job. I can earn much money. I will make my good life tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good. I like the words!
TIAN

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

I enjoyed reading about your childhood. You are very determined, and I hope your wishes come true.

Denise

Anonymous said...

I and Yue You we both had a happy childhood, I like your country style childhood, you can climb trees,fish in the river.

Sara

Linda said...

I know that you will succeed. You sound like a very strong woman.

Unknown said...

your childhood was so happy ,so was I.you are even a teacher,what a holy occupation !What's more,you are also a strong woman that can overcome all the troubles .