Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Risk Taker, by Kako Kanno


Do you take risks in your life? I was born in Shanghai China. I have one brother but I always played with my friends. I had a lot of friends and we helped each other. When I was 9 years old, I played violin. It was very difficult, but I like it. I practiced the violin at 3:00 every day. I was very fun, but my friends were unhappy. One day, I explained to them, “I’m sorry. I can’t play a long time with you every day,” but I can’t forget it. If I have time I will play with them. One day, I took a time with my friend to go to the park. We were playing hide-and seek when my friend felled down into a river. A strange man saw and put out his hands to catch my friend quickly. After a minute my friend standed a lawn near the river. She was scared and cried. We were upset and cried too. We stopped the play to sit a chair. I took off my jacket in a hurry to give her. She put on my jacket and said:”Thank you, very much.” She was smile, we were smile too. This was the most dangerous thing in my childhood.


I worked at a computer company when I graduated from Shanghai College. I also had a lot of friend in a company. When I left Shanghai China, my parents gave me a letter. They wrote to tell me, how is it to live in another country and how to study a new language . . . I read again and again and remembered that until now. We worked and helped each other. After a few years I went to Japan to learn Japanese. I started my new life and I met a lot of friendly, Japanese people. I was luck. I studied and worked there. I got a lot help from the Japanese people. I was very happy to spend about 15 years in Japan. I appreciate it.


I have been living in Sun Francisco since 2oo7. I want to learn English to come to U.S. I flew a plane to San Francisco from Japan. I viewed S.F. what a beautiful is! I was excited. I was fired up about going to Chinatown. Next day, my friend and I went to Chinatown. I saw many stores and a lot of people in the town. It was very noisy. We bought some flower. Then we took Chinese’s food for lunch. It was delicious. We were happy. Now I am a student at City College. I study English every day. In my free time, I’d like to relax at park. I’d like to read books too. Sometime my friends and I went camping. Campgrounds let us spend the night outdoors without spending a lot of money. I love it and we are going to visit Chain on out next vacation.


I have goals. Goals help me do the thing I want to do. I’m going to do my own business that long-term goals are my big goals. For this goal, I need to learn more English. My first short-term goal is: learn ten new words, read books, listen to the news, and speak with people in English every day. My plan is to learn more and take office classes. They are stops to my long-term goal. After ten years, I think I can start my own business.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kako kanno

You was so happiness in your childhood, you played violin, in my childhood, I didn't have anything to play with.
Sai kit yu

Anonymous said...

Kako,

You have had such an interesting life, and have traveled to many places. I know that you are very determined and I hope your goal of starting a new business comes true.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Kako,

I want to study Japanese too. What do you think the Japanese? Is it difficult? or easier?
Qianwen