Thursday, October 8, 2009

Do You Want To Know Me? by Mandy Wen


About 40 years ago, a girl came to this world, she is me. I was born in Guangzhou, China. When I was 7 years old, I began to go to school. I graduated from high school in July 1983.Then I stayed home for 3 months. In October 1983, I got my first job as a filing clerk at a company. I got married in 1988, after one year, my daughter was born. I had been living with my mother in law until my daughter was 2 years old. Then I bought a new house and moved there. In 2006, I immigrated to San Francisco, I have been living with my parents, and also I am learning English in City College now.

I had a happy childhood. My parents used to go to work everyday, I am an older sister, and I only have a younger brother, so I had been taking care of him and he always respected to me. We were really close. Every day I went to school with my brother, we knew each other’s classmates. We had the same friends, so most time we had been playing with them, such as watching movies, going swimming and sometimes we cooked something for party at home, then we asked them to come our house to eat and play. When my parents came back, they had to spend a lot of time to clean up the house, because we have made a lot of mess in the kitchen.


My life has been change when I immigrated America. I have been living San Francisco almost 4 years. I like this city because I can live with my parents, and I don’t miss them anymore. Now I have a job, I am working at a Chinese restaurant, I have to go to work 6 days a week, the work is hard, sometimes I feel so tire. Also I need to go to school to learn English. So I don’t have too much free time. When I have a day off, I like to go shopping with my friends and go outside with my family, in other ways, I want to keep in touch with my friends from China, We usually chat on the computer.


How about my future? I am going to go back to China once a year, because I want to visit my mother in law and my friends. Also I have a dream, I am going to travel around the world, and Actually, It is not easy to me, because I don’t have too much money and time. So I will give more time to my studies. I have to learn English well; I hope I will find a good job. I think I will have finished my dream in10 to 15 years.

No comments: