Friday, October 9, 2009

Change, by Qianwen Chen


Do you know what the “ABC” means? It means “American born Chinese”. My name is Qianwen. Now I living in America, but I was born in China, on November 05, 1988. When I was one year old, my parents broken a marriage. My elder brother and I were brought up by my father. But my father was very busy. He has to work from Monday to Saturday. So we were taken care of my grandma. My grandma was very kind. She used to cook many delicious food for us .When we were ill, she took us to see the doctor. Said on us, she liked a mom.

My childhood was funny. When I was a child, I looked like a boy. Because I wore my brother’s old clothes and I cut short hair. I used to play whit my brother, go together. So we were close. Sometimes we played with the neighbor children, we went fishing at the pool, caught beetle in the tree run on the playground and played tennis. I remember that I rode bicycle at the first time, my brother and my cousin taught me. I had a fall and my knee was bleed. I felt very hurt. At last, I can ride bicycle and did it better.

The times we were left. When I was growing up .I went to school and made many friends with my classmates. We liked sister, because we used to go school, go shopping, eat and play together. But sometimes, we had a row. But it wasn’t broken down our friendship. On September 11, it was the day I left and moved to other country. We were unhappy, we were crying. But I had to go, I had to leave, see you my friends.

How about my new life? Now, I live in San Francisco with my brother and my mother. I want to go to university. But I can do that, because I have to stay in California about one year. If I go right now, I have to pay too much money. Unfortunate, when it’s time to have school, the school will be opened. So I have to wait about one and half years and have university after that. But I am not free; I’m busy now, because I have classes in North Beach School to study English. This school is free, everybody can learn here. It makes us to improve our English and adjust to the American life. I love here, because the teachers are nice and I can spend my free time to study English. I have moved here only 17 days. I don’t know the way to do and travel, and I can’t speak English well. So I don’t have friends here, and my mother always goes to work. I feel lonely all the time. I miss my friends and my grandmother. I want to get back. But I know I can’t do that. That is impossible. So I have to study harder, that it is the most important to me in this time.

My mother is different from me. I like playing the computer to surf the internet. And I like to look for some information and watch movie with my computer. Sometimes I play game and talk to my friends in the internet. But my mother doesn’t like it. She thinks it makes me not interested in English and study lazier. But I don’t think so. I think I can’t study all the time. I should have a rest and have fun in other way.

Which way can I go? When I was younger, I wanted to be a tour guide and I had a class in high school. That was worse than I expected. So I don’t want to do it again. I don’t know what do I want to be and how can I choose the subject in university. Maybe I will choose business or language. I love Asian culture. I want to learn other Asian languages, for example, Japanese or Korean. But I am worried, because I can’t study English well. I’m afraid of I can’t do it well for the thirst language.
I wish my future will be wonderful and happy. My short-term goal is improving my English in this year. I will go to university in the one and half years. I hope to find a good job as an editor in the magazine company in my future, and can enjoy my life by myself. I will be married and have my own family. I hope I will have twins, one is daughter, and one is a son. If have children, I will take out my job and have a shop, because I think that will be easier to take care of my family. And then I will be older, I will travel all around the world with my husband. Maybe my plan will be change, because the life at any time all in the change. You don’t think so?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learn many uses of words that I didn't know.
TIAN

Anonymous said...

Qianwen,

It is difficult when you immigrate, and I can understand how you miss your friends. I hope that you will make many new friends here. I hope you will achieve your goals too.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Did you finish your high school before you moved to S.F? I love Japanese culture very much. You will make more and more friends very soon. Don't worried about it. I wish you can speak English very well and start university with your favor subject one year and a half later.

Ou.

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about technology, and how integrated it has become to our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]r4i ds[/url] DS SeKu)