Friday, January 30, 2009

The Thing I would Hold - A Gold Pendant

The thing I would hold is a gold pendant. It is real gold. Its weight is 5 g.

It was from a lucky draw from my first job. In my hometown, some companies usually have a dinner right before lunar new year. During the dinner, there was a drawing game. Fortunately, the prize I drew was a gold pendant. It was very lucky. Even though I won other prizes years later, such as gold pendants, TV, and etc... But this pendant was my first lucky prize. I have had it for 25 years and I will keep it for the rest of my life. Although it is not an expensive prize but I still keep it very carefully. I put it in a soft small bag and hide it in the drawer.

I chose this gold pendant because it was from the first year of my first job and my first lucky prize ever. It is very special because it reminds me of the days of my first job, where I first learned how to communicate with others. It also reminds me of the old friends and co-workers from this company. Also I met my husband in that company. Now I have a nice family with two sons. This big change in my life was caused by my first job. During my career as a student, I have never thought of being part of a company and being part of the big change. I won't forget the times when I worked at the company for 4 years until it moved out of the city. Whenever I look at the pendant, it reminds me of my early careers. The gold pendant is the most commemorable thing in my life.

2 comments:

Tan said...

Gold is expensive,isn't it,Amanda?
How lucky you are!
This pendant is really commemorable to you.

Keep it carefully!

Denise said...

This pendant really seems to symbolize a lot of important memories for you. Thanks for sharing.