Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Thing I Would Hold-An Electric Shaver


One thing I would hold is a National electric shaver.


It is a battery-powered shaver whose size and weight are identical to a cell phone. The body of the shaver is made of black color plastic, which makes it very light and strong. It has one round shaving head, inside which is a round rotating blade carrier containing three floating blades. One end of the shaver can also function as an electric trimmer.


I got this shaver as a gift from my mother, who bought it on her first trip to Hong Kong 15 years ago. I have been using it every morning in the past 15 years, at home and on trips, from China to the U.S..


There are two reasons for me to hold this shaver in my life. First, It is the only electric gift my mother have ever bought for me. My mother devotes her whole life to the family matters, which makes her barely have time to study how to buy good electric items; as a result, she always asks my father and me to buy those complicated things. But on her trip to Hong Kong, she decided to buy the shaver without telling me. It proved to be a good choice.


The second reason is that it is not only high quality, but also convenient to use, clean, and carry. Think about all the things I use daily or monthly, I can't find another item which is 15 years old and still working well. It has very little vibration and sound when running, that enable it to save energy-two "AA" batteries can power it for three months-. It's amazing that the Japanese Company integrated two functions into such a small shaver, with a cost of only $20.


There may be new model of shavers which are better than my old one. But I still want to use my old shaver. One day, may be another 15 years later, it may be no longer working, I will still keep it as a memorial of my mother and my life of youth.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Paul,
Thanks for your detailed and clear description. I can tell how much your mother cares for you -- and you are lucky to have an item that is so useful on a daily basis.

Liena Diaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liena Diaz said...

Hey Paul, I enjoyed your post!
By general rule, mothers don't know very much about tech... so we really apreciate when they make a wise election for us ;)
Sweet way to tell the story!