Friday, January 30, 2009

Power Amplifier







Power Amplifier is one kind of machines that use to support your DVD or CD output. It just looks like a box .There are a thousand of power amplifiers . On the left is one of the popular ones. However, in my opinion ,I perfer the tube PA which is showed on the right , because it can help the sound become more melodic.

People may ask why you chose this item. The reason is that I had made one by myself when I was in china , and this experience help me make a decision to step my foot on the electronic field. Since I do that , my life have changed a lot.


Now let me introduce my first production. As you can see from a picture , this is a small power amplifier's motherboard. It include a diode bridge, capacitances,resistors and two power ampilifier tubes which have a heat sink behind them . In the front of the circuit board are four variable resistors. You can use them to change the voice up or down ,or choose any frequence you like. The small black items on the right are the diodes. They serve as a bridge to connect the power supply. The most important part in the circuit is the power tubes. The quality of the tube affect the whole board. Therefore , you need to choose the power tube carefully while you decide the circuit.Because the technique and the skill are not good enough, so its sound is not as good as the one sold in the shop. However in my mind it is the best power amplifier.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Shiming,
I'm going to tell my husband to read your post because he loves audio equipment and likes to read about it too.