Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monie's D.I.Y Photo Album




This handmade photo album is made by my friend who is in China. As my 20TH birthday present and also for I was going to immigrate to the U.S.A soon. It really means a lot to me!
The cover of this D.I.Y photo album is pink leopard print, is very pretty. It's not big and just enough for only one photo in each page. Besides the photos of my life with her, there are words next to the photos written by her. I can image that she spent a lot of time on making it, I am thankful for her to give me such great gift!
Before I came to the U.S.A, I stuck more photo in the rest of the blank. Furthermore, I asked my good friends to wrote down some words and expressions that they wanted to talk to me. How wonderful this photo album is!!
Living in an unfamiliar city, it is hard to avoid feeling lonely. Whenever I am lonely and empty, I just open the album and enjoy it, which helps me to feel better. It remind me of the beautiful China life with my good friends and the words encourage me to overcome the difficulties here.
I will treasure this photo album forever!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful album,your are so similar with me beacuse u also miss your friends in China so much.Don's be depressed.i trust that we can meet our friends soon!

Denise said...

Monie,
This album is so great! It is definitely invaluable and irreplaceable.
Denise

pures1980 said...

From this gift, I can see how much your friends really love you. It's not easy to adapt being distant from my best friends too.

Finoa said...

Don't feel lonely ,you will have new friends here !!