Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break - Amanda

I was busy when spring break started. On the first day, I woke up early because I went to visit my son's college, which he will be attending. My brother drove about one and half hours to Sacramento to join an open house at UC Davis. There was a free parking lot but we wasted about 30 minutes to find it. My sister told me before it was very hot, but when we arrived there, it was very windy and cold. It was not my expectation. We followed a volunteer to visit around the school. She told us about how good the school was and her experience. The tour lasted about 2 hours. After that, we followed another volunteer to visit a dorm. There were many rooms and the room was smaller than expected. I recalled my school life when I was young. I hope I can continue my school life in the future. We finished at 2:30. After the tour, we went to shopping in an outlet until the shops closed. We were busy for the whole day.
The second day, I woke up early again. My classmates and I went to picnic in Crissy Field. I prepared some food in the morning, and met them at 11:00. This was my first time there. When one of my classmates and I took a bus to Golden Gate Bridge and transfered to bus #29 which took us to Crissy Field Center. We waited for a long time, so we gave up. We decided to walk over there instead. Unfortunately, we got lost. We walked more than an hour to get there. We felt very tired. Finally, we met each other and shared different kinds of food. We took some pictures and enjoyed the sunny day. I had a wonderful and funny day.
During the spring break, I relaxed at home and also did outdoor activities. It would be a pretty good break for me.

No comments: