Friday, May 14, 2010

Prohibiting Smoking Indoors



Prohibiting smoking indoors is one of the most endless controversial issues around the world.
In my opinion, I strongly support prohibiting smoking indoors, even in any public places. As is known to all, smoking is not only harmful to smoker's health, but also lined with negative outcomes for people who smoke secondhand. I believe that banning smoking indoors is a good and reasonable measure, which has many advantages. First of all, smokers may smoke less cigarette because of this. Besides, people who don't smoke no longer suffer from negative health effects of secondhand smoke. In addition, if people smoke indoors, a number of employees will be exposed to secondhand for long periods of time, as a result, they will get the long term effects of secondhand smoke harm. Last but not least, the environment indoors will be much better of nobody smokes, air won't be smelly any more.
I hope that those people who smoke can consider others because they don't want to be exposed to secondhand smoke and have a bad effect on their health. To sum up, I am fully in favor of prohibiting smoking indoors.

3 comments:

jack said...

Your essay is very good and i agree with your opinion.Smoking is not only do harm to the person who smoke cigarette but also the one who smoke secondhand.I hope it will be less smokers in the future!

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%, it feel so inconfortable when you go to a place and someone is smoking ,specially if is a restaurant, even your food taste like tabaco.

Anonymous said...

You have the same opinion with me. I think smoker is a selfish person. Because they never consider the others. In fact, smoke is bad for their health, meanwhile do harm to someone who smoke secondhand. I hope the government will pay close attention to it.

Tracy