Thursday, April 29, 2010

Staying Together by Denise

I chose the book Staying Together by Judith Wilson because I liked the picture on the cover -- I was interested why two people were holding hands and who they were and what they were doing. The setting is both England and Africa, and the time is the present, but it also jumps to the characters pasts and futures. There are three main characters are Suki, a young Japanese girl who travels to England to study English, her boyfriend Hiroko, who stays in Japan while she is gone, and Andoku, and young African boy who she meets in England at the English school. The story follows Suki and Andoku as they meet and fall in love in England, but then have conflict with Hiroko (Suki's boyfriend in Japan). The story is a real page-turner and kept me up late at night because I wanted to see who would end up together. It has a surprise ending, but I was satisfied with it overall. I would recommend this book to anyone - it's a fast read and a cliffhanger.

No comments: