Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Alfred Tsang - Supervisor in a great hotel

I am a house person for a great hotel. I am very interested in this job. I had completed the communication skills for Janitorial Workers and the Custodial Training Program at City College of San Francisco; I also had completed a Hospitality Service Training Course at CRDC before I got this job. I know how to use all kinds of cleaning equipment and learned about U.S. measurements and job safety. I also know housekeeping procedure. I am a fast learner and flexible. I am good at cleaning efficiently. I work well with other people, and I also can work independently.

Many things I like about my job. For example, I like helping my co-workers and greeting guests. Talking to co-workers, the supervisor and guests are interesting. Working at a hotel is great. Seeing guests come back again makes me happy. I want to learn more about the hotel industry. If possible, I would like to become a supervisor and have more responsibility.

I think being a good supervisor takes patience, and have hospitality. Of course, a good supervisor also must have good communication skills and including good listening skills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I think the brief should prepare more info then it has.