Monday, May 4, 2009

Do you know what I recently decided to do? - Amanda Fung


Do you know what I recently decided to do? Actually, I decided to lose weight many years ago, but it was very easy to give up. I recalled when I was 13 years old, I was skinny. I had never had this problem before. I remembered the teachers worried about my health; they said I was so slim. My mother brought me to see a doctor; the doctor gave me some advice. For example, eat more nutritious food and take some healthy medicine. The doctor said that I must gain more weight. Later, I was growing up, I felt pretty good in my shape. Until I got married and had my first baby, my body looked like a ball. It was getting fatter and fatter. Oh! My goodness! I gained about 26 pounds. It was terrible. I had never imaged how fat I was. After my baby was born, I still gained about 15 pounds. I couldn’t believe it. At that moment, it was my first time to decide to be on diet. I kept doing more exercise, ate less meat and drank more water. Six months later, I lost about 10 lbs. It was wonderful. I thought if I kept doing it, I would be in my nice shape again. Some months later, I was pregnant again. Oh my gosh! I got 35 pounds before my second baby born. It was amazing. Based on my previous job, I needed to contact some customers every day; usually we would go to a cafĂ© or restaurant to meet each other. Of course, I would eat and drink something with the customer. Day by day, I got fatter. Even though I was very busy and also had a lot stress every day, it was hard to keep the weight down. Until I quit the job and came to the United States, do you know what happen? I was very surprised because I raised10 pounds more.

What should I do? I decided I must lose 20 pounds. It was my goal. I was planning to make some changes. First, I will do more exercise every day, such as sit ups and running, maybe I will go to swim too. And also I will cut back on sugar, especially soda and junk food. I will eat more vegetables and less meat. One of the important things is I don’t get too full for any meal and drink some water every day. Sometimes I didn’t eat rice at night because my friend told me it will be easier to lose weight faster. Now I am continuing to follow my plan, I hope I can fulfill my goal for the future. My elder son told me that he wanted to be on diet with me. When he was enjoying his meal, he always eats a lot. He totally forgot what he promised. What is his goal? His goal is thrown away.

No comments: