Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SALTY MILK TEA Jessica lee

SALTY MILK TEA

Have you ever drunk a salty milk tea? I had drunk once on my vacation in 1999. I went to THAILAND with my brother for our first vacation. We had a very difficult time there. We didn’t know TAI, but we had 5 days vacation and we like Tai food and massage there my friend recommended to me.
One day in the morning, we had breakfast at the hotel. When we ordered hot milk tea, we had to put sugar in it. They already had some sugar, salt and pepper on the table, but they wrote in TAI. We were in a hurry to join the tourists. We only had half an hour to eat breakfast. We didn’t know how to ask someone in TAI, so my brother decided to make one cup first. He opened the bag then put all bag of “sugar” into the milk tea. He tasted it then he told me that he made a right decision. It was delicious! You tried it! He recommended it, but he didn’t look like he was pulling my leg. I tried it. It was so terrible. I hadn’t had that taste before. My brother was laughing at me. He secretly told me that didn’t tell anybody, we kept it secretly. Then we ordered another one cup.
We finished the breakfast. Suddenly, my brother said that why he didn’t taste the “sugar” first then put it to the milk tea. I said:”that’s ok. We take a lesson this time.” No more next time, that was unforgettable lesson, he said. However, we still had a good time there.
To summarize, a salty milk tea hasn’t been forgotten in my life. After that travel, I learned if I do something confusing, I would think of any more details then do it. Anyway, I love to travel to THAILAND again. I love Tai food and Tai style massage. I hope I’ll go there soon.

No comments: