Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sabrina Schussmann

February/18/09

THE MYSTERY COFFEE LOVE

Do you like Coffee?

I do. For does people who don`t know what coffee is, I will explain it. Coffee is a hot strong drink similar like Tee but with caffeine so it is very strong. Coffee is my favorite hot drink. When I was in USA for my first time, one year ago, I had a very confuse experience. I was in New York for two weeks, together with my Boyfriend. It was his Birthday trip and we both need coffee to wake up in the morning. So we went out and searching for a coffee bar where we can take seat and order some coffee. I love the Italian coffee called “Latte Macchiato” that’s a kind of coffee with a very strong espresso and a lot of milk, usually you can order it with flavor like almond, vanilla or without. I was really happy to find a very nice and snugly coffee bar which was open and so I thought my day was saved. We looked at the menu and ordered breakfast with our favorite coffee. And at this time we were really hungry and thirsty. And a few minutes later we got our breakfast and the coffee. But I was upset because we only got a small cup of coffee without milk. I wasn`t sure if the waitress didn`t understand what we ordered or made a mistake. That’s the reason why I asked her and wanted to know why we only got this small cup of coffee without milk. The waitress thought that I was joking but I mean it very seriously. She explained me that in US a “Latte Macchiato” is only a strong espresso whit a little bit milk. She told us if we want to have a big cup of strong coffee with a lot of milk, we have to order “Cafe au lait”. We ordered the “Cafe au lait” and then we got what we wanted. You see only coffee can make some misunderstanding.

In the end, the waitress was very nice and helpful, we visited some other coffee bars and know how to get the right coffee. We enjoyed our two week trip and for the future we will come back to this beautiful town and see what happened next.

No comments: